Attorney Profile- Fae Sowders, Esq.
Fae Sowders has been practicing law for over eight years. Her practice includes a broad spectrum of areas, specifically focusing on personal injury, immigration, and class action objections. She has provided outstanding counsel to clients from all over the world.
Her experience includes but is not limited to:
- Representing foreign nationals in bond and removal proceedings before the Executive Office of Immigration Review.
- Representing foreign nationals in family-based immigration, adjustment of status, nonimmigrant petitions and consular processing.
- Extensive experience dealing with DHS, USCIS, ICE, DOL and the BIA.
- Recovering asset and property seizures by Customs and Border Patrol and Immigration Customs and Enforcement.
- Representing foreign nationals in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services interviews for immigrant visas (“green cards”).
- Representing foreign clients in Board of Immigration Appeals.
- Representing foreign nationals in connection with immigrant visas and hardship waivers at various U.S. Consulates.
- Representing corporations in sponsoring foreign national professionals for employment-based non-immigrant and immigrant visas (“green cards”).
- Advising employers in connection with I-9 compliance and E-Verify.
- Researching federal and state statutory and regulatory law regarding the pharmaceutical industry.
EDUCATION AND HONORS
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, DC (J.D., cum laude, and Comparative and International Law Institute Certificate, 2002)
- Journal of Contemporary Health Law and Policy: Staff Member-2000, Associate Editor- 2001; Moot Court Association: Soap Box and Saint Ives Competitor, 1999; Deputy Vice-Chancellor, 2000; The Dean’s Award April 2001; The Mary E. Card Service Award, 2000-2001
- The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, 1993-1998 (Bachelor of Arts in Spanish, Bachelor of Science in Zoology, Minor in Chemistry)
- Arizona State Bar Admission, 2003
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- State Bar of Arizona (Member)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (Member)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Arizona Chapter (Member)
- Family Matters, Co-Author, Arizona Attorney, 38-39 (July/August 2009)
- U-Visa Fundamentals, Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Faculty Presenter, Immigration Section, State Bar of Arizona (Sept/2009)
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Workshop, Arizona Dream Act Coalition, Presenter (Sept/2012)
- Friendly House, Immigration Services (pro-bono volunteer)
- St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church (member and volunteer)